About GNM Admission in Bangalore
Before knowing about GNM admission in bangalore, lets know some points about the course.
- GNM stands for General Nursing & Midwifery.
- This course is for preparing general nurses who can efficiently perform as members of the health care team and capable of dealing the competencies.
- Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) is a three-year program.
- This is a job-oriented program comprises subjects like Nursing Fundamentals Anatomy & Physiology Psychology Biology Sociology and First Aid.
- GNM course trains students to closely assess & monitor the condition of patients.
- Provide effective nursing care and assist to the doctors in surgical procedures.
- The students learn to set up medical equipment in operation theaters and adeptly handle patients during emergency situations.
- GNM aspirants are also given training of computer and interpersonal skills, which can help them in advancing their role.
- After successful completion of the GNM program the nursing students are enrolled for an internship that enables them to get experience in healthcare sector.
ELIGIBILITY FOR GNM ADMISSION
- The minimum age limit for the GNM Admission is 17 years and the upper age limit is 30 years.
- The candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks (45% for the reserved category) in their 10 + 2 examinations from any stream.
- English is a mandatory subject.
- Aspirant should score minimum of 45% marks individually in English Subject.
SUBJECTS IN GNM COURSE
- 1st Year
- Biological Sciences
1. Anatomy and Physiology
- Behavioral Sciences
- Fundamentals of Nursing
1. First Aid
2. Personal Hygiene
- Community Health Nursing I
1. Environmental Hygiene
2. Health Education and Communication Skills
- Biological Sciences
- Second Year
- Medical-Surgical Nursing I (Pharmacology)
- Medical-Surgical Nursing II
1. Communicable Diseases
2. Orthopedic Nursing
3. Ear, Nose, and Throat
5. Ophthalmic Nursing
- Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing
- Computer Education
- 3rd Year
- Midwifery and Gynecological Nursing
- Community Health Nursing II
- Pediatric Nursing
- Internship period
- Educational Methods and Media for Teaching in Practice of Nursing
- Introduction to Research
- Professional Trends and Adjustment
- Administration and Ward Management
- Health Economics
Nursing Colleges In Bangalore
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College
- AVK Nursing College
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital
- The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre
- Akash Medical College and Hospitals
- East Point College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- Spurhty College of Nursing
- East West College of Nursing
- Faith College of Nursing
- ST. Mary’s College of Nursing