MD Dermatology Admissions
MD Dermatology Admission
Lets know about MD Dermatology Admission.
MD Dermatology is also known as MD in Dermatology, Venereology and Leprosy ,it is a 3 year PG Medical course, MD Dermatology is an education mainly concerned with the skin and diseases of the hair, nails, and mucous membranes of the human body. A dermatologist provides support for cosmetic issues.
A candidate can take MD Dermatology as a career only if he/she has an MCI registered MBBS degree after that an aspirant has to go through NEET-PG entrance test conducted by NBE and has to qualify it with good percentile in an individual category to get MD Dermatology seat. There is a vast career opportunity for a dermatologist. A Dermatologist has a secure income and career stability, due to its charming career prospect it is a most demanding PG Medical course nowadays, A Dermatologist has ample of scopes, Due to the increase in environmental pollution, there is a rapid increase in Skin related problems, hair loss or baldness and cosmetic issues. Mostly MD Dermatologist prefer to have their own clinic to have an extra income source but their scope is not limited to the clinic only they had wide range of jobs in Government hospitals and Private organization, Dermatologist with years of experience are usually chosen to appoint as directors and HOD’s of the organization. Dermatologists can also choose their career in teaching; job opportunities for Dermatologists are also available in India and abroad.
MD DERMATOLOGY COURSE DURATION
MD Dermatology is 3 yrs. Post Graduation Course which includes clinical and theoretical studies.
ELIGIBILITY FOR MD DERMATOLOGY
An aspirant should have completed MBBS degree with a 1-year rotational internship, however, a student having provisional or permanent MCI registration who is continuing with the internship can also participate. (the internship should be completed before 31st march of academic year ).
PROCESS OF MD DERMATOLOGY ADMISSION
The applicant who wishes to take admission in MD Dermatology has to appear for NEET PG medical exam which is conducted by NBE in January every year. The student/aspirants have to qualify NEET-PG with required cutoff percentile in individual category i.e. for general 50th percentile and 40th percentile for SC, ST and OBC to get admission in MD Dermatology. Due to its high demand and less number of seat availability NEET-PG cutoff for MD Dermatology is relatively high for top private and government medical college, In India dermatology seats in medical colleges are available under various quota like All India Quota seats, Management quota seats, Institutional quota seats and NRI quota seats, etc. which students can opt during NEET-PG Counselling.
MD DERMATOLOGY SEATS IN GOVERNMENT COLLEGES
There are a total of 106 Government Colleges in India which offers MD Dermatology course, the Post-Graduation MD Dermatology seats in government colleges are 455 in different states of the country out of which there are 9 government medical colleges having 34 M.D Dermatology seats in state of of Karnataka.
MD DERMATOLOGY SEATS IN PRIVATE COLLEGES
There are total 135 Private Colleges in India which offers MD Dermatology course, the Post-Graduation MD Dermatology seats in private colleges are 406 in different states of India out of which there are 31 private medical colleges having 102 M.D Dermatology seats in state of Karnataka. highest number of M.D Dermatology seats are in Karnataka state.
Salary of MD Dermatologists
Their take-home pay is about 1lakh to 4 lakhs rupees per month depending upon their experience in the industry. Some Dermatologist Doctors earn even more by running there own clinics. They work more. They get paid more.
M.D. Dermatology is a 3-year post-graduation course. The candidates who wish to take this course must have MCI registered M.B.B.S degree. It all depends on the candidate’s performance in their NEET-PG exams for the Admission in MD Dermatology. The candidates have to be good at caring for the patient, education, research, and faculty development. The fees for MD Dermatology course is between INR 6 lakhs to 40 Lakhs per years in private colleges. The candidates on completion of the course can work in colleges and universities and hospitals, in India and abroad.
List Of PG (MD / MS) Colleges
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College(MRMC), Gulbarga
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
- Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
- Khaja Bandanawaz University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore