M.D Anesthesia admission
MD Anesthesia is a PG medical degree course running in many government and private medical colleges in the INDIA. MD Anesthesia course is of 3 years, for admission in MD Anesthesia students have to compete in the national level exam NEET PG which is conducted by National Board of Education (NBE). The importance of MD Anesthesiologists is not only increasing in India but also in abroad. There is a wide range of career opportunity for the MD Anesthesiologist which lies in the field of research, Teaching and Clinical practices in hospitals. A career in Anesthesiology is one of the most useful areas in the field of healthcare. Anesthesia is a medical treatment which prevents the patients from the painful surgery. It helps the patients to have a smooth procedure that leads to a healthier life. There are a collection of anesthetic drugs developed with different effects. This includes general, regional, and local anesthesia applied to the type of pain relief needed for the concerned surgery.
MD ANESTHESIA COURSE DURATION
MD Anesthesia is a 3 years Post Graduation Course which includes clinical and theoretical studies.
Applicant must have completed MBBS degree along with a 1-year rotational internship, however a student who is continuing with the internship can also participate (but internship should be complete before the 31st of march current year.)
PROCESS OF MD ANESTHESIA ADMISSION
The applicant has to appear for NEET PG Medical exam which is conducted by NBE in January every year. The student/aspirants have to qualify NEET-PG with required cutoff percentile in individual category i.e. for general 50th percentile and 40th percentile for SC, ST and OBC to get admission in MD Anesthesia.
MD ANESTHESIA SEATS IN GOVERNMENT COLLEGES
There are a total of 158 Government Colleges in India which offers MD Anesthesia course, the Post-Graduation MD Anesthesia seats in government colleges are approximately 2049 in different states of the country out of which there are 9 government colleges having 99 MD Anesthesia seats in state of Karnataka.
MD ANESTHESIA SEATS IN PRIVATE COLLEGES
There are total 153 Private Colleges in India which offers MD Anesthesia course. The private colleges have total 1159 Post Graduation MD Anesthesia seats in different states of the country. Out of which there are 31 private medical colleges having 268 MD Anesthesia seats in state of Karnataka.
SALARY OF MD ANESTHESIOLOGISTS
Their take-home pay is about 1 lakh to 5 lakhs rupees per month depending upon their experience in the industry. Some anesthesia Doctors earn even more by running there own specialized centers. They work more. They get paid more.
M.D. Anesthesiology is a 3-year course. The candidates who wish to take this course must have completed M.B.B.S and has permanent or provisional registration with medical council of India. It all depends on the candidate’s performance in their NEET-PG examination for the Admission in MD Anesthesia the student has to qualify NEET-PG with minimum of 50th percentile score for general candidates and 40th percentile for OBC, SC and ST candidates. The anesthesiology course is completely based on the utilization of drugs. The candidates have to be good at caring for the patient, education, research, and faculty development. The fees charged for this course is between INR 2 to 20 Lakhs per years. The candidates on completion of the course can work in colleges, universities and hospitals, in India and abroad.
List Of PG (MD / MS) Colleges
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College(MRMC), Gulbarga
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
- Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
- Khaja Bandanawaz University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore