MD GENERAL MEDICINE ADMISSION
Lets know more about MD GENERAL MEDICINE ADMISSION.
MD General Medicine is a 3-year clinical specialty Post Graduate medical course, this course is called General Medicine because it involves the diagnosis and treatments of the diseases of all major system of the human body. The General medicine course aims to develop a specialist consultant who can practice medicine at a defined level of competency in different practice settings like intensive care and emergency medicine, OPD, IPD. At the end of the course, the student should have sufficient knowledge of the cognitive domain, effective domain i.e professionalism and psychomotor domain i.e Skills (clinical assessment skills, procedural skills and Interpretation skills etc).
MD General Medicine course is taught in many governments and private medical colleges across India, the students get admission into the course by qualifying NEET-PG exam followed by PG Medical counselling. MD General Medicine doctors are commonly called as General physician it is one of the oldest and most respected professions in the medical industry; after completion, of course, they can work as a consultant in government or private hospital or can go for private practice or they can choose further super specialty studies like DM -Cardiology, DM-Endocrinology, DM – Gastroenterology, etc. A General Medicine doctor earns a very high monthaly salary.
MD General Medicine Course Duration
Doctor of Medicine in Medicine is a 3 years Post Graduation Course which includes clinical practices and theoretical studies.
MD General Medicine Eligibility
Candidate must have completed MBBS degree along with one year rotational internship and had provisional or permanent MCI registration, an Applicant who is continuing with the internship can also participate in NEET-PG examination but the internship should be completed before the commencement of the academic year i.e. 31st March.
Process of MD General Medicine admission
The applicant has to appear for NEET PG Medical exam which is conducted by NBE (National Board Of Examination). To get admission in MD General Medicine an aspirants have to qualify NEET-PG with required cutoff percentile in individual category i.e. for general 50th percentile and for SC, ST and OBC 40th percentile is required ,the NEET-PG cutoff for MD General Medicine is generally high for Government and top private Medical colleges because this course is chosen by toppers every year so the students need to work hard and secure good marks in NEET-PG exam MD General Medicine seats in INDIA is available under various quota in Medical colleges like All India Quota seats, Management quota seats, Institutional quota seats and NRI quota seats, etc. which students can choose during NEET-PG Counselling.
MD General Medicine seats in government colleges
There is a total of 148 Government Medical Colleges in India which offers MD General Medicine course, the total number of Post-Graduation MD General Medicine seats in government medical colleges is approximately 2238 in different states of the country out of which there are 7 government medical colleges holding 106 MD General Medicine seats are state of Karnataka.
MD General medicine seats in Private colleges
There is a total of 149 Private Medical Colleges in India which offers MD General Medicine course, the total number of Post-Graduation MD General Medicine seats in Private Medical colleges is approximately 1362 out of which 31 medical college with 319 General Medicine seats in state of Karnataka, that makes Karnataka with highest number of General Medicine seats in India.
Salary of MD General Medicine Doctor
Their take-home pay is about 1 lakh to 4 lakhs rupees per month depending upon their experience in the industry. Some MD General Medicine Doctors earn even more by investing in specialized centers. They can work in multiple hospitals as a Visiting Doctor. They work more, they get paid more.
MD General Medicine is a 3 years’ post-graduation course, a candidate can take MD General Medicine as a career only if he/she has permanent or Provisional MCI registered MBBS degree which is very much essential to apply for NEET-PG. To get admission to the MD General Medicine course in any MCI recognized medical college in India he/she has to qualify the NEET-PG exam with good marks. A Medicine Specialist has ample of scopes. Government hospitals and Private organization are their main areas to work, Medicine Specialist with years of experience are usually chosen to appoint as Directors and HOD in Medical colleges and Hospitals.
List Of PG (MD / MS) Colleges
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College(MRMC), Gulbarga
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
- Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
- Khaja Bandanawaz University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore