MD PAEDIATRICS ADMISSION
Lets know more about MD Paediatrics admission.
MD Paediatrics is a 3-year clinical specialty PG medical course, the students have to qualify in NEET PG exam conducted by the National Board of Education (NBE). After that student have to under go NEET-PG counseling. MD Pediatrics is a specialization course which deals with the children and adolescence medical care, it is a Medicine branch dealing everything related to child health care under 18 years age, MD Pediatrics is one of the promising careers among medical courses. One who does this course is known as Pediatrician, Candidates can find a lucrative job in India and Abroad. Because of the increase in hospitals and health care centers, the demand for a paediatrician is also very high, paediatrician can find jobs as lecturers and researchers and they can work both in private and government hospitals as well can choose for private practice in there clinic. Recently, MD-pediatrics is one of the most prominent career options for Medical Practitioners in India. The demand for a specialist in this field is leading day by day. A paediatrician can further go for super specialty studies in a course like DM-Paediatric oncology, DM-Paediatric Gastroenterology, DM-Paediatric Nephrology, etc.
MD PAEDIATRICS COURSE DURATION
MD Paediatrics is a 3 year Post Graduation Course which includes clinical practices and theoretical studies.
MD PAEDIATRICS ELIGIBILITY
Applicant must have permanent registration with MCI and should have done his/her MBBS degree from MCI recognized college and 1 year of rotating internship, the applicant who is continuing with the internship can also participate in NEET-PG exam but the internship should be completed before the commencement of the academic year i.e. 31st March. .
PROCESS OF MD PAEDIATRICS ADMISSION
To get admission in MD paediatrics course the student have to qualify in NEET PG Medical exam and pass with required cutoff percentile prescribed by NBE in individual category i.e. for general candidates, it is 50th percentile and 40th percentile for SC, ST and OBC candidates. After successfully qualifying NEET-PG exam student have to participate in NEET PG counselling conducted by State DME for state quota seats and MCC for All India quota seats. There are different quota MD Paediatric seats in medical colleges like 15 percentage All India Quota seats, Management quota seats, Institutional quota seats and NRI quota seats, etc a student has to apply under suitable quota during NEET PG counselling.
MD Paediatrics seats in government colleges
There are a total of 148 Government Medical Colleges in India which offers MD Pediatrics course, the Post-Graduation MD Pediatrics seats in government medical colleges is approximately 1380 in different states across the country out which 10 Government Medical colleges having 85 MD Paediatrics seats are in state of Karnataka.
MD Pediatrics seats in Private colleges
There are a total of 147 Private Medical Colleges in India which offers MD Pediatrics course, the private colleges have a total of 908 Post Graduation MD Pediatrics seats in different states of the country out of which 31 Private Medical colleges having 232 MD Paediatrics seats are in state of Karnataka, so Karnataka have the maximum number of MD Paediatrics seats.
Salary of Paediatrician
The take home pay of a paediatrician is minimum 1 lakh to 4 lakhs rupees per month depending upon their experience.Some Pediatrics Doctors earn even more by opening there own private clinics. So future of MD Paediatrics doctor in India & abroad is where bright.
MD Pediatric is a 3 years post-graduation course, a candidate can take MD Pediatric as a career only if he/she had an MBBS degree with permanent MCI registration. They have to write NEET-PG exam and followed by attending NEET PG counselling to get entry into MD Paediatric course in India. A Paediatric has very good scopes in Government & Private hospitals, with the year of experience they can be appointed as HOD and directors of the institution. They can even open there private clinics to earn more.
List Of PG (MD / MS) Colleges
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College(MRMC), Gulbarga
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
- Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
- Khaja Bandanawaz University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore