Direct admission in M.D. MD TB & CHEST / MD in Pulmonary Medicine
MD TB & CHEST / MD in Pulmonary Medicine
MD in Tuberculosis & Respiratory Medicine is a specialty in medicine which deals with respiratory tract diseases, it is a three-year PG program to train doctors in pulmonary and critical care medicine. MD in TB & chest in INDIA is also called as MD in respiratory medicine or MD in Pulmonary Medicine. The program aims to prepare students in internal medicine specializing primarily in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the lungs, bronchial tubes, and respiratory system including the nose, pharynx, and throat.
The course is a combination of theoretical and practical education. MD in Tuberculosis & Respiratory Medicine’s goal is to produce competent medical doctors who understand patients with chest problems and health needs. Such doctors can find good jobs in medical universities, private hospitals, government hospitals and even for private clinics,
Applicants with an MBBS degree from a MCI recognized medical institute who have permanently registered with Medical Council of India or any other State Medical Council are eligible for this course.
MD TB CHEST ELIGIBILITY & COURSE DURATION
MD TB & chest is a 3 years Post Graduation Course which includes clinical training and theoretical classes. For admission to this course student have to qualify NEET PG exam conducted by national board of examination (NBE). For this course an applicant must have permanent MCI registered MBBS degree along with a 1-year rotational internship, however a student who is continuing with the internship can also participate ( the internship should be complete before the commencement of the academic year).
MD TB & CHEST ADMISSION PROCESS
The student who wish to study MD in TB & Chest medicine OR Pulmonary Medicine or Respiratory Medicine has to appear for NEET PG Medical exam conducted by National Board of Examination (NBE) conducted every year. Admission processes starts once the student have qualified NEET PG examination with required cutoff percentile in individual category i.e. for general 50th percentile and 40th percentile for SC, ST and OBC. After that eligible student have appear for NEET-PG counseling conducted by MCC and respective state DME’s (director medical education). The PG choice has to be done carefully on the basis of appropriate quota and category, the seats for MD respiratory medicine or MD in Pulmonary medicine are available under All India Quota , Management quota and NRI quota.
MD TB & CHEST SEATS IN GOVERNMENT COLLEGES
There are total 81 Government Medical Colleges in India which offers this course, the Post-Graduation Pulmonary medicine seats in government colleges are approximately 344 in different states of the country out of that there are only 2 Government Medical Colleges having 11 number of MD TB & Chest seats in state of Karnataka.
MD RESPIRATORY MEDICINE SEATS IN PRIVATE COLLEGES
Total of 95 Private Medical Colleges in India which offers MD Chest medicine course, the private Medical colleges have a total of 254 TB & Chest medicine seats in different states of the country out of which there are 14 Private Medical College having 28 number of TB & Chest medicine seats in state of Karnataka.
Salary of TB & Chest doctors
The Basic salary of TB & Chest Specialist is about 1lakh to 5 lakhs rupees per month depending upon their experience. Some Doctors earn even more by opening there own private clinic. They can work as a public health specialist, consultant, junior research scientist, professors etc.
The Doctor of Medicine in TB & chest is the specialization about the latest technologies and methods used to cure tuberculosis (TB), an infectious bacterial lung disease. It course includes a training cycle which includes some measures for proper care like diagnostic, therapeutic, rehabilitative, preventive, and primitive. The MD Respiratory Medicine postgraduates have lucrative career opportunities in government and private sectors, the average annual salary of TB&Chest postgraduate ranges between INR 1lakh to 5 lakh. It is a 3-year course. The candidates who wish to take this course must have completed M.B.B.S with a minimum of 50% score. It all depends on the candidate’s performance in their PG Medical Entrance exams for the Admission. The candidates have to be good at caring for the patient, education, research, and development. The Tuition fees charged for this course is between INR 2lakhs to 25 Lakhs per year. The candidates on completion of the course can work in colleges and universities and hospitals, in India and abroad.
List Of PG (MD / MS) Colleges.
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College(MRMC), Gulbarga
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
- Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
- Khaja Bandanawaz University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore