Direct Admission in MS General Surgery
MS General Surgery
General Surgery is a surgical sub-specialty dealing with the surgical treatment of organs. MS General Surgery is a three-year postgraduate Medical program for teaching students about various diseases and accidents related operating procedures (commonly known as surgery). The program’s course work includes a balance of practical sessions and theoretical lectures that imparts knowledge on abdominal organs such as liver, stomach, colon, intestine esophagus, thyroid gland, and hernia. Students are prepared to perform diagnostic procedures as well as prevention and treatment under this program.
Once the course is completed, aspirants gain the ability to practice the specialty for surgery in accordance with professional ethics principles. While gaining medical experience, the program teaches the students to effectively manage trauma patients.
Those who have completed their postgraduate studies in MS General Surgery can work as surgeons in various private and government hospitals, which are among the most renowned medical professions.
Applicants with an MBBS degree from a recognized institute who have permanently registered with India’s Medical Council or any other State Medical Council are eligible for this course.
GENERAL SURGERY COURSE DURATION
MS General Surgery is a 3 years Post Graduation Course.
MS GENERAL SURGERY ELIGIBILITY
Before applying for the General Surgery program the applicant has to complete MBBS along with a 1-year rotational internship, the student who is continuing with the internship can also apply for this course but the internship should be completed before the commencement of the academic year. The MBBS degree of the applicant should be registered with MCI or State medical council.
PROCESS OF MS GENERAL SURGERY ADMISSION
To get admission in MS general surgery course an applicant has to qualify NEET-PG exam with good NEET score. The student/aspirants have to qualify NEET-PG with required cutoff percentile in individual category i.e. 40th percentile for SC, ST and OBC for general 50th percentile is required. NEET-CUTOFF Score for MS General Surgery is quite high for government medical colleges and some top private medical colleges but the student can also look for the option to get a seat in some private medical colleges and Deemed Universities with high fees for MS General Surgery under management quota, Institutional quota or NRI quota. The process of General Surgery starts with NEET- PG exam conducted by NBE followed by NEET PG counselling conducted by various state medical authorities and MCC.
MS GENERAL SURGERY SEATS IN GOVERNMENT COLLEGES
MS General Surgery course is offered by 145 government medical college in India, the total number of General Surgery seats in government medical colleges is approximately 2116 in different states of the country. Government medical colleges in Tamil Nadu have the maximum number of General Surgery seats i.e 267. The state-wise data for General Surgery seats in government colleges is given in the table below –
MS GENERAL SURGERY SEATS IN PRIVATE COLLEGES
There are 144 Private Medical Colleges in India which offers MS General Surgery course, the private medical colleges has a total of 1101 MS General Surgery seats in different states of the country. Private medical colleges in Karnataka have the maximum number of surgery seats 235.The state wise General surgery seats are given in the table below-
Salary of General Surgeon
The take-home pay for the general surgeon is about 1 lakh to 5 lakhs rupees per month depending upon their experience in the industry, the specialized surgeons have a huge demand in the medical industry the surgeon has a respectful position in society. Some Surgeon Doctors earn even more after getting super specialty degree
M.S General Surgery is a 3-year post-graduation medical course. The candidates who wish to take this course must have completed M.B.B.S with a minimum of 50% score. It all depends on the candidate’s performance in their Post-graduation entrance exams for the Admission. The General surgery course is completely based on Surgical procedures training. The candidates have to be good in performing the surgeries and caring for the patients. The fees charged for this course is between INR 2 to 5 Lakhs for 3 years in government medical colleges, private medical colleges have higher fees ranging from 15 lakhs per annum to 30 lakhs per annum. The candidates on completion of the course can work in colleges and universities and hospitals, in India and abroad
List Of PG (MD / MS) Colleges.
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
- Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
- Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
- JJM Medical College, Davangere
- Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum (DEEMED UNIVERSITY)
- Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College(MRMC), Gulbarga
- A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
- Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
- Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
- Khaja Bandanawaz University – Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
- KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
- K V G Medical College, Sullia
- SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore