Pharma D Top colleges, Syllabus, Scope & Salary.
Pharm. D is a 3-year post-graduate course in the Pharmacy,
for student eligible in graduates of Pharmacy, completed from an institute
recognized by the PCI.
The course includes one compulsory year of
internship. The course is divided across two phases, of which the first phase
includes theoretical study, and the second includes a residency/ internship
program to be completed by enrolled students.
During the phase of internship, candidates are
imparted advanced lessons in clinical pharmacy services or pharmacy practice
under the supervision of faculty members.
covers subjects of study such as:
- Pharmaceutical Formulations
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Biochemistry, Microbiology
- Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry
- Pharmacognosy And Pharmaceutics.
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Community and Clinical Pharmacy
- Clinical Toxicology
- Pharmaco-Epidemiology and Clinical
postgraduates are hired in capacities such as:
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Drug Inspector
- Analytical Chemist
- Retail Pharmacist
- Hospital Pharmacy Director
- Hospital Staff Pharmacist
- Retail Staff Pharmacist, etc.
tuition fee charged for the course in India ranges between INR 6000 and 20 Lacs
for a span of 3 years. Such postgraduates are lucratively employed in both
private and government hospitals, and may even pursue private practice.
The average initial annual salary offered to such postgraduates ranges between INR 3 and 10 Lacs, depending upon the candidate’s expertise and experience in the field.
List of Top Pharmacy Colleges in Bangalore
- Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences
- M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre
- MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
- Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College
- JSS Medical College, Mysore
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital
- The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre
- Akash Medical College and Hospitals
- East Point College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre